Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Passed Inspection


Passed our final lift inspection. Yeah!

I went to the Home Depot to pick up the rigid insultation for the base of the slab. We almost forgot to add this in, but it is critical in that it keeps the heat from the radiant flooring from escaping in the area where the slab meets the CMU wall. Basically, the guys will just cut it up and slip into the area between the wall and the "French drain" behind the wall. After we finish with the drains and additional waterproofing, we will begin the backfill process.

Tomorrow we'll finish up the grout fill on the wall and start to work on the trenching for all of the utilities for the iT House. Before we do this though, 18" of soil will have to be removed and then recompacted to provide a stable base for the slab.

It's still looking like rain.

1 Comments:

Blogger catherine calspa said...

Interesting blog you have here... I think I'll add you to my favorites. With your permission I'll be coming back. I'll also tell a couple friends of mine because they'd like this...

great job making this blog (good design!), keep up the good work!

~ have a nice day.
check out my blog or my french kiss site if you want.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home